22.9.07

Loonie equals U.S. dollar

It was 1976, the last time the Canadian dollar and U.S. dollar were equals. The crying you hear is U.S. travelers not getting a discount when they travel to Canada. The cheering is Canadian travelers getting much more bang for their travel buck when visiting the States.

As you may know from my travels to Toronto earlier this month, I did not enjoy any sort of discount. Still, I travel there because I love Canada. I do wish that the discount was at the level of 70¢ to the dollar or even 65¢.

The U.S. dollar has done miserably in the last couple of years. If you have traveled to Europe, you know what I mean. But the Canadian dollar is also stronger than normal; its economy is doing much better than that of the United States.

The hope in traveling to Canada is that, even without the discount, Canadians will be appreciative of U.S. citizens traveling to their country. Canadians have always been nice to me, in part, because I show I know their country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home