31.7.07

Americans moving to Canada reach 30-year high

Given my fondness for Canada, people ask me if I have thought about moving there. Well, yeah.

Turns out I'm not the only one. According to this story, the number of Americans admitted to Canada last year reached a 30-year high. The numbers look small, but they have grown this century: 10,942 Americans to Canada in 2006, 9,262 in 2005, and 5,828 in 2000.

By contrast, in 2006, 23,913 Canadians went to the U.S.

Canadians who are here in the States speak of a "brain drain" from Canada, though I wonder if that only applies to certain industries, such as medical research.

Unfortunately, the study doesn't go into why Americans are going to Canada. So why do you think Americans would leave for the Great White North?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home