13.3.07

Windsor is not that bad

We heard the jokes, even those who don't know much about Canada know about Windsor.

I figure this is where the "Windsor Ballet" came into the lexicon. As proof when defending Windsor, the "Windsor Ballet" is tauted as being an example of culture in the mostly blue-collar city. However, if you click on the link, you will know the real meaning of the "ballet."

By Canadian standards, Windsor may not be so great, but it is a fun city located next to a still-large metropolis across the Detroit River (Detroit).

The Colbert Report took a shot at Windsor last night. Stephen was talking about the worst places in the world when "Windsor, Ontario" came up on the screen.

Having been there numerous times, I like going there and staying there. When I visited Detroit last May, I deliberately stayed in Windsor. Cheaper room, better nightlife, and I felt safer.

So Windsor may not be Toronto, but at least it's not Detroit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home