11.8.06

Tejada gives Toronto fans an aplogy

Hate to do another baseball story, but I have to mention that Baltimore shortstop Miguel Tejada has apologized for his obscene gesture toward the stands during Wednesday's game in Toronto.

"I want to apologize to everyone, especially to the Orioles fans and the fans in Toronto, for my action in Wednesday's game," Tejada said in a statement posted on the Orioles' Web site. "I was frustrated and should not have let things get to me. I am sorry and hope people will accept that and know that is not the kind of person I am."

Tejada is not normally that kind of guy. He has been the subject of recent trade rumors, and he plays on a bad team. And clearly the Toronto fans did not deserve the apparent middle finger.

I would like to see first-hand about the Toronto fans, but I may not be able to get up there like I planned. A new job and the absence of carry-on liquids on the plane may dash my chances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home